Anyone that has changed over from google docs to google drive, will learn that it is a one way process with no looking back. They will also learn that some companies have blocked access to cloud sites, such as google drive. Hence a complete denial access to any documents.
The problem is usually caused by a denial to the URL drive.google.com This will block access to the list of documents and any further access to documents in a corporate environment. The documents have a URL of docs.google.com/… which is usually whitelisted.
There are a few workarounds to this issue, one is to gain access the URL of your document on a non blocked computer and emailing it to the blocked computer. The URL of the document will begin with docs.google.com, which is not blocked in my case.
If you need access to the documents list and documents then do this:
1. Login to the gmail account where your blocked documents are kept within
2. Go to Jolicloud and sign up
3. Go to my.jolicloud.com/#!/dashboard and click the green + icon in the top left hand corner
4. Do a search on Jolicloud for the app “Google Docs”, its the one with the subtitle “Google Docs that isn’t blocked by some businesses or secure networks.”
5. Install the app and authorise it to access your documents from your goggle account.
6. Go to my.jolicloud.com/#!/files and click the Google Docs icon and your google documents will “magically appear”
I have no picture, but can confirm that this works. If your organsiation has blocked access to jolicloud, then try the first method.