This is the easiest way to block ads on the ZTE V9 or any other android device.
We are going to make a hosts file to redirect ant ad servers to 127.0.0.1 a.k.a localhost.
- No app download
- Saves on bandwidth – BIG TIME
- Works on all apps on the device i.e. system wide
- Safe and easy hack!
- Root your device using z4root or similar
- Install terminal app from the android marketplace
- Download a hosts file WITH Unix character formatting to the sdcard
- Open the terminal emulator
- Type ‘su’ to get root access
- Navigate to etc folder ‘cd /etc’
- rename hosts to hosts.old ‘mv hosts hosts.old’
- Navigate to the sd card ‘cd /sdcard’
- Copy hosts file dowloaded to /etc ‘cat hosts > /etc/hosts’
- Exit the terminal (you should not receive any errors)
“cat filename1 > filename2” – For some reason, the Droid does not come with a copy (cp) command. This works in the exact same way
Does it work…
|Page with a Ad|
|Page with too many ads…|